There’s nothing like a road trip through France to make you appreciate the diversity of the country!
From the lavender fields in Provence to the Riviera beaches and the wine in Saint-Émilion, it’s easy to understand why taking a French road trip tops so many bucket lists around the world. Let this DK Eyewitness travel book be your guide through this beautiful country.
Inside the pages of this France road guide, you’ll discover:
• 24 easy-to-follow scenic driving tours, each lasting one to five days.
• A laminated pull-out road map of France helps you navigate with ease.
• Information on the French rules of the road.
• GPS navigation tips, plus helpful advice on road conditions, speed limits and parking.
• Hotels, restaurants, shops and vineyards where you can savor superb local food and wine
• Best experiences along each route: Get active on walks, boat trips, bike rides and hikes, or discover fine art and architecture through the ages.
Visit the land of love and croissants
Explore France’s large cities, small farming towns and coastal villages by simply driving through this incredibly European country. Take your time to stop at vineyards, have lunch at a cafe, take a walk on the beach or talk to locals. A road trip through France is the ultimate cultural experience that allows you to immerse yourself in cosmopolitan and rural life.
Your travel guide to France will ensure that your holiday is well-planned yet allows for spontaneity and days off the well-trodden path. Packed with practical information, detailed maps and inspiring ideas, you’ll discover 24 driving routes and exciting things to do that will ensure your vacation to France is one to remember.
DK Eyewitness Road Trips France has been updated regularly to ensure the information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak.
Caught the travel bug? Discover even more destinations!
For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent advice, recommendations and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness guides show travelers how they can discover more.
Gold Award for Top Guidebook Series at the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2020