Historic cities and ancient castles, diverse landscapes and traditional food – Poland is a country that demands exploration.
Whether you want to wander around fairy-tale Kraków, spy rare bison in Białowieża Forest, or hike among the snow-capped Tatra Mountains, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Poland has to offer.
Poland is as famed for enchanting Kraków, with its cobbled streets and opulent palaces, as it is for edgy Warsaw, home to high-tech museums and neon-lit bars. But beyond this tale of two cities, there’s so much more to discover. Encounter medieval towns, artsy cities and some of Europe’s most spectacular landscapes, including wildlife-filled forests, expansive lakes and white-sand Baltic beaches.
Our updated guide brings Poland to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country’'s iconic buildings and neighbourhoods. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak.
- our pick of Poland’s must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the country easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
- colour-coded chapters to every part of Poland, from Mazovia to Kraków, Silensia to Gdansk
- a lightweight format, so you can take it with you wherever you go
Only visiting Kraków? Try our DK Eyewitness Kraków