An atmospheric island bursting with history, culture and natural beauty. Whether you want to hike across rugged mountains, spot flamingoes near Cagliari or simply sip a glass of Cannonau overlooking the sparkling Mediterranean, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Sardinia has to offer.
Beyond the soft sands and warm seas that frame Sardinia lies a beguilingly wild interior of precipitous mountains, dense forests and craggy canyons where herds of wild horses roam free. Equally atmospheric are the island's captivating medieval cities and ancient sites, which lie scattered across this enthralling landscape, testament to Sardinia's turbulent history.
Our newly updated guide brings Sardinia to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the island's iconic buildings and neighborhoods. Our updated 2023 travel guide brings Sardinia to life. DK Eyewitness Sardinia is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Sardinia you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Sardinia’s must-sees and hidden gems.
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day.
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money.
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Sardinia, from Cagliari to Costa Smeralda.
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay.
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently.
- Covers: Cagliari and the South, The Eastern Coast, Central Sardinia and Barbagia, The Western Coast, The North and Costa Smeralda.
Touring the country? Try our DK Eyewitness Italy.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.