An informatively illustrated guide to business principles by a professor, entrepreneur, consultant, executive, and Harvard Business School graduate.
Success in business—and in business school—calls for a broad knowledge base and the ability to turn it into action. This accessible book provides a thorough grounding in the principles most essential to the study and practice of business, from corporate organization to maintaining customer satisfaction. Lessons include:
• key elements of organizational philosophy, structure, culture, and behavior
• ways to grow a business in new and existing markets
• why fast-growing companies may be chronically short on cash
• how to manage and interpret data when weighing a decision
• how to run a meeting most effectively
• how social and environmental responsibility can be good for business
101 Things I Learned® in Business School will appeal to students seeking traction in a demanding curriculum, to self-made entrepreneurs looking to improve their business practices, and to seasoned professionals seeking a refresher on core principles.