It’s hard to beat the satisfaction of traveling on foot – settling into a steady rhythm, surrounded by incredible scenery, with the freedom to stop wherever takes your fancy. This endlessly rewarding – and sustainable – activity is joyously celebrated in Hike, which reveals 125 of the most scenic and spectacular walking trails across the globe. It’s the ultimate inspiration for exploring under your own steam: ramble along coastal paths in Europe, scale soaring mountain peaks in Africa and trek through amber-hued canyons in North America.
Compiled by a team of outdoor enthusiasts, this book is packed with ideas for your next hiking trip. Awe-inspiring images and compelling descriptions of each trail will have you itching to get walking, while handy maps, elevation profiles, and practical information – including things like distance and total elevation gain – will help you plan the nitty-gritty of your trip. We’ve also included the best places to explore en route – whether that’s lunch spots, epic viewpoints, or nearby must-see sights – as well as suggestions for alternative ways to tackle a trail. Hike is your ticket to the adventure of a lifetime.
Inside Hike, you will find:
- Practical top tips for getting the most out of each hike - including recommended stops, viewpoints en route, and how to make the hike shorter/longer depending on how much time you have.
- Organized Chapters: Hikes are arranged within each chapter geographically, and include the distance and total ascent to help readers to find a suitable route.
- Includes maps and elevation profiles
- Covers 125 hikes, from straightforward day, walks to epic cross-country treks
- A carefully curated selection of rides, chosen by hiking and travel experts
- Each chapter covers a different continent (North America, Central, and South America, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, Asia, Australasia)
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travelers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travelers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion