Discover Arizona and the Grand Canyon – a region renowned for red sandstone mesas, cactus-studded deserts, and remarkable monoliths. Dotted throughout the region’s spectacular scenery are modern cities and historic towns, offering endless opportunities to experience Arizona's culture and heritage. You’ll find superb museums and galleries, see the Wild West come to life, learn about Indigenous communities, and sample delicious regional cuisine.
Whether you want to take a trip through the water-filled canyons of Lake Powell, tour the Mesa Verde National Park's ancient Puebloan cliff dwellings, or hike one of the Grand Canyon's many walking trails, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Arizona has to offer. Our newly updated guide brings Arizona and the Grand Canyon to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the region's iconic buildings and neighborhoods. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak. DK Eyewitness Arizona and the Grand Canyon is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Arizona and the Grand Canyon you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Arizona’s must-sees and hidden gems
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Arizona, from Phoenix to Tucson, the Grand Canyon to the Four Corners
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay in Arizona
- Detailed maps and drives to help you navigate the region easily and confidently
- Covers: Grand Canyon and Northern Arizona, Phoenix and Southern Arizona, The Four Corners, Where to Stay, Where to Eat and Drink, Shopping in Arizona, Entertainment in Arizona, Speciality Vacations and Activities.
Planning to explore more of the region? Don’t forget to check out DK Southwest USA and National Parks.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.