Redesigned and updated, our Hawaii travel guide transports you to this tropical paradise like no other!
Surrounded by cobalt-blue waters teeming with exotic marine life, the Hawaiian
islands are characterized by pristine beaches shaded by swaying palms, blossoming
forests and dramatic cliffs. Discover everything you need to know about traveling to Hawaii.
Hawaii is the ultimate bucket list destination with plenty of outdoor adventures on offer, like surfing, hiking and snorkeling. Inside this travel guidebook, you’ll find:
• Our pick of Hawaii must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems, with spreads of gorgeous photography and inspiring text that capture the essence of a destination and all its possibilities: not just the major attractions but its sights, sounds and experiences
• A handy snapshot of each area’s ambiance and highlights, enabling you to decide easily where you want to spend your time
• The best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
• Detailed maps and walks as well as a double-page map of Hawaii (the entire area covered by the guide) which makes navigating the region easy
• Color-coded chapters to every part of Hawaii, from O‘ahu to Maui, Hawai‘i Island to Moloka‘i and Lāna‘i
• Easy-to-follow itineraries, including walks and drives, from five hours to two weeks, which take you through different areas of the destination, linking the best sights and experiences
• Our new lightweight format, so you can take it with you wherever you go
Whether you want to admire Hawaii’s fiery volcanoes, explore its diverse coastlines,
uncover history at Pearl Harbor or discover vibrant cities like Honolulu, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience the very best of Hawaii. The themes cover a mouth-watering array of experiences, serving up inspiration and ideas to make planning a trip your own: Natural Wonders, Breathtaking Beaches, Incredible Architecture and Renaissance Masterpieces. Now you can easily imagine yourself there!
It’s packed with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page and our hand-drawn illustrations placing you inside this US state's historic sights and iconic neighborhoods alongside detailed descriptions and maps. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak.
Discover, experience, need to know: find out what your destination offers and plan your dream adventure, see and do the things you love, and sort out the practical stuff — get ready, get around, stay safe. Only visiting O'ahu? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Honolulu and O'ahu.