2021 marks the 50th anniversary of Dr. Seuss’s iconic picture book The Lorax, and Random House Children’s Books and Dr. Seuss Enterprises will celebrate with special new publications, including an Anniversary Edition releasing April 7th, and activities that encourage environmental and community activism. In honor of this milestone, Random House Children’s Books announces The Lorax Project—an initiative to spread awareness and to support both individual and community efforts to create positive change for the planet.
Additional new 2021 titles for The Lorax 50th-Anniversary:
• Dr. Seuss’s Thank You for Being Green and Speaking for the Trees celebrates environmentalism and the beloved themes of The Lorax. This small hardcover gift book with original art from Dr. Seuss is an ideal choice for Seuss fans and is the perfect gift to say thanks for helping the Lorax to speak for the trees and all living things with whom we share the planet.
• Would You, Could You Plant a Tree? and Would You, Could You Save the Sea? With Dr. Seuss’s Lorax are Step Into Reading titles that teach children of all ages how to plant a tree and how to keep the oceans clean by reducing our plastic use and by recycling. Dr. Seuss’s beloved icon of environmentalism empowers young children in these two books with a go-green message.
• In Let’s Go to the Garden! With the Lorax, the Lorax shares his love of animals and plants and the need to “speak for the trees,” in a board book about the role gardens play in helping the Earth.
• The Lorax 50th-Anniversary Edition (on sale April 7, 2021 | ISBN: 9780394823379) celebrates 50 years of Dr. Seuss’s iconic classic picture book with a new matte-finish cover and special peel-off sticker. This book is the perfect gift for Earth Day and for any child who is interested in recycling and the environment.
• 101 Ways to Help the Earth with Dr. Seuss’s Lorax—Coming September 2021!
This September, comes a new book filled with kid-friendly suggestions for helping the planet. From tips on how to reduce, reuse, and recycle to low-cost earth-friendly crafts and activities, games, and more, there are over 100 ways for kids to get involved inside, outside, in the classroom, and in the community! Printed on recycled paper and featuring full-color illustrations and photographs, links to helpful websites, suggestions for further reading, and silly eco-jokes, this is a perfect choice for fostering a love of the natural world and of Dr. Seuss!
Site includes: Book information, activities and educator activities, video trailer, community resources