Ringed by dazzling blue waters, sun-dappled Sicily and its picturesque islands offer an endless supply of captivating cities, legendary ruins, and sandy beaches.
Our newly updated guide brings Sicily to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, and trusted travel advice, allowing you to make the most of your trip to this Mediterranean gem with DK Eyewitness Top 10. Planning is a breeze with our simple lists of ten, covering the very best that Sicily has to offer and ensuring that you don’t miss a thing. Best of all, the pocket-friendly format is light and easily portable; the perfect companion while out and about. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak. DK Eyewitness Top 10 Sicily is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Top 10 Sicily you will find:
- Detailed Top 10 lists of Sicily’s must-sees including Palermo, Mount Etna, the Aeolian Islands, and Syracuse
- Easy-to-follow itineraries including ideas for day trips, weekends, and a week’s worth of plans to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations on Sicily’s most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, eating out, and sightseeing, with top tips on getting ready, getting around and staying safe
- Themed lists including the best ancient sites, beaches, villages, Sicilian dishes, and much more
- Practical tips: Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip, including family activities and things to do for free
- Detailed maps including a laminated pull-out map of Sicily, plus five full-color area maps
- Covers: Palermo, Monreale, Aeolian Islands, Taormina, Mount Etna, Syracuse, Noto, Villa Romana del Casale, Agrigento, and the Valle, dei Templi, Selinunte, Ancient Sites, Places of Worship, Castles, Museums, Vestiges of Invading Powers, Customs and Traditions, Artists, Writers and Composers, Villages, Beaches, Outdoor Activities, Children’s Attractions, Puppet Traditions, and Museums, Performing Arts Venues, Nights Out, Wine and Wine Producers, Sicilian Dishes, Restaurants, Pasticcerie and Gelaterie, Specialist Shops and Areas, Sicily for Free, Feasts and Processions, Palermo, Northwest Sicily, Northeast Sicily, Southwest Sicily, and Southeast Sicily
If you’re seeking more information on Sicily’s culture and sights of interest, don’t forget to check out DK Eyewitness Sicily. If you’re planning on touring the country, try our DK Eyewitness Italy.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion