Aloha! Explore the natural and cultural beauty of Honolulu and O’ahu on your next adventure.
From clear water and turquoise coves, palm-shaded beaches and exhilarating surfing spots to rich historical, culinary and linguistic experiences, Honolulu is an island getaway like no other.
With a new lightweight format, this Honolulu and O'ahu travel guide is perfect for your pocket or bag when you’re on the move. Inside, you’ll find:
• Six easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend or a week.
• Detailed Top 10 lists of the Pearl Harbor, Bishop Museum and Planetarium, Capitol District, ‘Iolani Palace, Chinatown, Honolulu Museum of Art, Kalākaua Avenue, South Shore, Kāne’ohe District and the Polynesian Cultural Center.
• Honolulu and O’ahu’s most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out and sightseeing.
• Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip — including family activities and things to do for free.
• A laminated pull-out map of Honolulu, plus five full-color area maps.
• Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around and stay safe.
Welcome to Honolulu and O'ahu! Situated in the Pacific and off the coast of mainland North America, this island offers activities and sites that will take your breath away. Try traditional Hawaiian food after a long day of sightseeing, snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, or relaxing on Waikiki beach. Immerse yourself in its nightlife and cultural heritage or walk one of the many Honolulu hiking trails. There’s something for everyone on this incredible island, and your DK travel book shows you exactly what to do whether it's an adventure, relaxation or history you’re after!
Our updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Honolulu and the O'ahu into helpful lists of 10. Discover the best beaches and waterfalls, restaurants, golf courses and nature parks. DK Eyewitness Top 10 Honolulu and O'ahu has been updated to make sure the information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak.
Discover more incredible destinations with Eyewitness
Take the work out of planning a short trip with the DK Eyewitness Top 10 series. It’s the ultimate travel guide packed with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to make your weekend trip or cultural break memorable. Looking for more on Hawai’i’s culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Hawai’i.