Whether you want to be awed by iconic landmarks, lose yourself in the Louvre, or stroll along the Seine, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Paris has to offer.
Paris is a treasure trove of things to see and do. Packed full of world-famous palaces, museums and galleries, the city shines with opulence and elegance. But Parisians know that there is more to life than glitz and glamour. Simpler pleasures, such as tiny windy streets, quirky old bookshops and centuries-old cafés, are offered in abundance.
Our updated guide brings Paris to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the city's iconic buildings and neighborhoods. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak. DK Eyewitness Paris is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Paris you will find:
• A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Paris’ must-sees and hidden gems
• Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
• Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
• Color-coded chapters to every part of Paris, from Champs-Élysées to Belleville, Montmartre to Montparnasse
• Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay
• Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently
• Covers: Île de la cité and Île St-Louis, The Marais, Bastille and Oberkampf, République and Canal St-Martin, Belleville and Ménilmontant, La Villette, Montmartre and Pigalle, Opéra and Grands Boulevards, Louvre and Les Halles, Eiffel Tower and Invalides, Champs-Élysées and Chaillot, St-Germain-des-Près, Latin Quarter, Jardin des Plantes and Place d’Italie, Montparnasse and Jardin de Luxembourg, Beyond the Centre
Touring the country? Don’t forget to check out DK Eyewitness France. Want the best of Paris in your pocket? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Paris.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.