The Rainbow Nation is yours to explore. Start packing!
Explore vibrant cities like Johannesburg, hike to the top of Table Mountain, sip on a glass of world-class wine in Stellenbosch or Franschhoek, and chase the Big Five in the legendary Kruger National Park. This South Africa travel guide is all you need to inspire every step of your journey.
Inside the pages of Eyewitness South Africa, you’ll find:
• A pick of South Africa’s must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems.
• A field guide with information on animals, terrain, flora and conservation.
• The best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay.
• Detailed maps and walks that make navigating the country easy.
• Easy-to-follow itineraries.
• Expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe.
• Color-coded chapters to every part of South Africa, from Cape Town to Johannesburg and Gauteng, the Arid Northwest to the Garden Route.
From vibrant city life and abundant wildlife to rugged vistas and beautiful beaches, this vast
and diverse country offers so many travel possibilities you'll be spoilt for choice! This indispensable guide to South Africa offers you everything you need to know about the country's animals, terrain and flora as well as information on local conservation efforts.
With so many things to see and do, any visit to South Africa packs a punch! Packed with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, photographs on practically every page and hand-drawn illustrations, this updated travel guide will help you plan your dream trip to South Africa.
More destinations to explore
DK Eyewitness is the most up-to-date travel guide series following the COVID-19 outbreak. Each guide includes expert-led insights into the world’s most famous countries and cities, things to do, and places to stay. Only visiting Cape Town? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Cape Town and the Winelands.