Natural beauty, incredible food, and history — San Francisco and the Bay Area have it all!
Take a scenic hike around Muir Woods National Monument, find inspiration in the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, take a ferry to Alcatraz Island or spend an afternoon in the California Wine Country savoring fine cultivars and cuisine.
Your travel book will help you plan your trip to this awe-inspiring city. Inside the pages of Eyewitness San Francisco and the Bay Area, you’ll find:
• Our pick of San Francisco and the Bay Area’s must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems: visit Madame Tussaud’s, take a cable car tour of the city or cross the Golden Gate Bridge
• The best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
• Detailed maps and walks to make navigating the region easy
• Easy-to-follow itineraries
• Expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
• Color-coded chapters to every part of San Francisco, from Land’s End to Fisherman’s Wharf and North Beach, Presidio and the Richmond District to Haight Ashbury and the Mission
San Francisco is famous for its seven steep hills and unparalleled views over its diverse neighborhoods from Haight Ashbury to the lantern-adorned Chinatown. It’s no wonder that there’s no shortage of beautiful places to stay! Once you step out, there are plenty of attractions to explore in the city and the Bay Area. Discover lush vineyards, picturesque towns and breathtaking natural wonders — and the flavor of bustling city life.
Bring planning and exploring San Francisco to life! With detailed breakdowns, expert advice, must-see sights, places to stay, hand-drawn illustrations and stunning photography, this updated, lightweight San Francisco travel guide ensures that your trip is unforgettable.
DK Eyewitness is the most up-to-date travel guide series following the COVID-19 outbreak. Each guide includes expert-led insights into the world’s most famous countries and cities, things to do and places to stay. Other books in the series include Eyewitness New Orleans and Eyewitness New York.