Full of magical sights and exhilarating activities, Switzerland's small size belies its beguiling charms. In a single day, visitors can encounter breathtaking glaciers, high-altitude lakes, and iconic mountains – and still be back in time for fondue and schnapps.
Our updated guide brings Switzerland to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations, which place you inside the country’s iconic buildings and neighborhoods. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak.
Whether you want to hit the slopes, join the Swiss in their national pastime of hut-to-hut hiking, or take a scenic railway journey to remember, DK Eyewitness Switzerland is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Switzerland you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Switzerland’s must-sees and hidden gems
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Switzerland, from Bern to Zürich, Valais to Geneva
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay in Switzerland
- Detailed maps to help you navigate the country easily and confidently
- Explore the culture of Switzerland: delve into Switzerland’s iconic history, art, and architecture
- Covers: Bern, Mittelland, Bernese Oberland and Valais, Geneva, West Switzerland, Zurich, Northern Switzerland, Central Switzerland and Ticino, Eastern Switzerland and Garaubunden
Planning on traveling around the continent? Don’t forget to check out DK Eyewitness Europe.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travelers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.