Birthplace of jazz, New Orleans is where French and Spanish influences blend with the Cajun and Creole flavours of Africa and the Caribbean, to cook up a cultural melting pot of sultry food, music and traditions. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you'll find your way around the Crescent City with absolute ease.
The colorful streets of New Orleans are yours to explore!
From the historic buildings in the French Quarter to the swinging jazz clubs in Bourbon Street and the incredible restaurants on Royal Street, New Orleans is a true sensory feast. Get all the travel information you need to make the most of your trip to New Orleans.
With a new lightweight format, this New Orleans travel guide is perfect for your pocket or bag when you’re on the move. Here’s what you’ll find inside:
• Up-to-date information following the COVID-19 outbreak, insider tips and advice for staying safe
• Top 10 lists of New Orleans’s must-sees, including Jackson Square, Mississippi Riverfront, New Orleans Museum of Art and New Orleans City Park
• New Orleans’s most interesting areas, with the best places for sightseeing, food and drink, and shopping
• Themed lists, including the best live music venues, museums and galleries, places off the beaten path, regional dishes and much more
• Easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend or a week
• A laminated pull-out map of New Orleans, plus five full-color area maps
The birthplace of jazz music, flamboyant Mardi Gras celebrations and Creole cuisine, this small city is as dynamic as it is diverse. Our Top 10 travel guide book will help you experience New Orleans like a local. This is your insider’s guide to the Big Easy.
Packed with reliable, straightforward advice, inspiring photography and detailed maps, this travel guide will help you get to the heart of the best of New Orleans! Eat everything from jambalaya to beignets. Take part in a parade. Go a walking tour past the Garden District's plantation-style mansions — all with your trusted travel companion.
Take the work out of planning a short trip with the DK Eyewitness Top 10
series. It’s the ultimate travel guide packed with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to make your weekend trip or cultural break memorable. Looking for more on New Orleans’s culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness New Orleans