Dreamin' of California?
Whether you want to hike to the waterfalls in Yosemite National Park, tour a winery in Napa, or ride a classic cable car in San Francisco, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that California has to offer.
California's dramatic landscape has inspired generations of artists and explorers - from rugged redwood-covered hills to idyllic sun-drenched sands, plunging valleys to snow-capped peaks. As culturally influential as it is geographically impressive, California also boasts two of the world's foremost cities, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Our newly updated guide brings California to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our trademark illustrations.
- Our pick of California's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- The best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
- Detailed maps and walks that make navigating the country easy
- Easy-to-follow itineraries
- Expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
- Color-coded chapters to every part of California
- Our new lightweight format, so you can take your guide with you wherever you go
Sticking around in San Francisco? Check out our DK Eyewitness San Francisco and the Bay Area.