Sun-worshipper, city goer or outdoor enthusiast? No matter your tribe, this is the perfect region for you.
Whether you want to enjoy Costa Brava’s laidback lifestyle, marvel the truly iconic Sagrada Familia or hike the undulating landscape of long-extinct volcanoes, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Barecelona and Catalonia have to offer.
From gothic churches and centuries-old taverns to dizzying skyscrapers and ritzy cocktail bars, Catalonia is a constant contradiction. The natural landscape is just as varied: soaring mountain ranges preside over pristine wilderness and vineyard-cloaked hills taper into a seemingly endless stretch of coastline.
Our newly updated guide brings Barcelona and Catalonia to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed information on all the must-see sights, inspiring photography and our trademark illustrations.
• our pick of the must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems
• the best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
• detailed maps and walks which make navigating the region easy
• easy-to-follow itineraries
• expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
• color-coded chapters to every part of Barcelona and Catalonia, from Old town to beyond the centre, Eixample to Montjuïc
• our new lightweight format, so you can take it with you wherever you go
Want the best of Barcelona in your pocket? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Barcelona.