Konnichiwa from one of the most fascinating countries on earth.
Whether you want to see cherry blossoms in Kyoto, speed through the countryside aboard a shinkansen, or shop til you drop in futuristic Shibuya, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all Japan has to offer.
Japan is a land of contrast - think tranquil zen gardens and peaceful pagodas, neon-lit cities and robot restaurants. Our annually updated guide brings the country to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods.
• Our pick of Japan's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
• The best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
• Detailed maps and walks which make navigating the city easy
• Easy-to-follow itineraries
• Expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
• Color-coded chapters to every part of Japan, from Tokyo to Kyoto, Okinawa to Osaka
• Our new lightweight format, so you can take your guide with you wherever you go
Planning a city break? Try out DK Eyewitness Tokyo or our pocket friendly DK Eyewitness Top 10 Tokyo.